Friday, May 13, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou Prince Charming?


Move over Snow White, Cinderella, and all you fairy tale bitches. I mean, princesses. I want my Prince Charming too! Why can't I have some gallant knight stroll in and rescue me from an evil stepmother, two ugly step sisters, and a poisoned piece of fruit? OK, let's not be so extreme. I don't need rescuing. I would like a man. A charming man that is. A man who holds out doors, pulls out chairs, and never lets me ruin a good pair of shoes.

A girlfriend of mine was talking about the need for chivalry these days, and I agreed with her. The next man that comes along needs to be old school. Brings flowers on the first date, runs around to open the car door, and all that good stuff. I thought about it, and most men I've dated do open doors for me. I have never had one who opened the car door though. Also, I have never dated a man who goes dutch on a date. They all seem to wanna impress me and not look like a broke-ass even though they may be one.

But who am I kidding? In this day and age we now have what some people refer to as progressive dating. Both parties ask each other out on a date, open their own doors, pull out their own chairs, and pay their own tab. If I were to sit in a car waiting for a man to open the door he would probably wonder what the hell was wrong with me. Yet still, a girl can dream can't she? I am sure there is one man out there who will treat me like a princess. No, a queen! I see women I know who have some of the sweetest men you could find. They may look like a monkey's uncle but they worship the ground their ladies walk on. I want to be worshiped. I want to worship in return. No white stallion needed, just consideration, courtesy and respect!


blkmsm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment