Monday, May 9, 2011

Fly Mutha Chucka, Fly!!!

I stole this quip from my girlfriend who was referencing a status update by her ex. He had a status update, and I am not quoting verbatim, but it was something along the lines of: "I was born to fly...getting out of this damn cage". So my girlfriend in response says: "Fly muthafucker! Fly!" Love it! This is some gangsta shit so I gotta get gully with it and give it some gangsta treatment so excuse the lingo.

I love it. These R. Kelly dudes, with their "I believe I can fly" shit. Negro please! Even birds gotta land sometimes. Get your damn head out the clouds and come back to the ground where your ass belongs. Deal with real shit here on earth. My STBE wanted to fly (literally). He has an affinity for airplanes and wanted to become a pilot. But all he did was fly his ass straight out of this family. He ejected himself from this life we had built together as he was no longer part of the team. His parachute cannot open fully because of all the travails that plague him so now he has hit rock bottom, and hard. He is now a man without a house, or a wife and will miss out on the formative years of his children all because he could not toe the line. He was busy chasing material things, and I believe he was chasing skirt as well.  He forgot to stay grounded throughout our marriage so now he is permanently grounded. He thought he was the shit, now he is in deep shit.

These dudes walking around acting like "they so fly" irks me. The only fly they will ever come across is the one on their pants when they either take a piss or whip out their dicks to make some chick's life miserable. I was in the pharmacy today and saw this really attractive girl whispering to the pharmacist that she would like to purchase some Plan B. Now, I don't know the circumstances of her coochie breach but it does seem that she was at least being proactive about preventing an unwanted pregnancy (after the fact). Where was his ass though? The jizz spilling jerk? The only plan he was thinking of was probably Plan-C. Like "C-ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!" I remember back in the day when H.S.S. and I had an accident once. The look of horror on his face was unforgettable. He went above and beyond, getting me to the doctor (because back in the days you had to get prescriptions for that shit). We were teenagers and as broke as a joke but he found the cash to get me those two little pills. He was there with me right through the whole thing. And even called me in the middle of the night, 12 hours later, to remind me to take the other dose. *memories*  That chick at CVS today shelled out $50 on her credit card. That's a lot for two little pills. That could put maybe a 3/4 tank of gas in my car. Where was the jizz spilling jerk?

I could go on and on about these "fly guys" but I regret that I am starting to sound like a bitter old shrew. So fly muthafuckas! Fly! One day you are gonna get burnt out and hit that pavement so hard. And who's gonna step over your carcass? The same chick you claim was keeping you caged or preventing you from being who you were meant to be. Turns out the only cage you were in was the one that you were keeping yourself mentally hostage in. In your pursuit of freedom you imprisoned yourself. Now your penance is the loss of what could have possibly been the greatest love of your life.


*getting off my soap box*




blkmsm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment