Friday, May 20, 2011

It's The End Of The World As We Know It


So tomorrow, May 21, 2011, is projected to be the beginning of the rapture, with completion in October of this year. We all know it's a bunch of b.s. but since Bin Laden's death has become kinda stale news, we all are making this judgement day thing a big deal. I have partaken in ridiculous status updates on Facebook about this foolishness. And I even have H.S.S. scheduled to come over to give me some end of the world loving.

But seriously, doesn't this remind you of the Millenium? The big Y2K frenzy! Heck! This girl found her fornicating ass in church for the watch night service. First thing I did when I got home was turn on the PC to see if it was still working. AOL was up and running. The once annoying ping and ding of the modem was a refreshing sound to hear that night. Life was good. Nothing happened. Phew! We were indeed Y2K compliant.

As people rush to churches for emergency baptisms and all night prayer meetings (like my cousin), it just gives credence to the power that religion still has over all of us. From the confused atheist, to the Sunday Christians, and even the regular non-church-going heathens like myself. My mother once observed that all the neighbors on my street did not go to church on Sundays. I told her that I suppose we were all heathens. Now, I guess deep down most of us want to be G-O-D compliant.



blkmsm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment