Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday My Little Princess!


Today is my older daughter's birthday. Even with the absence of her dad and a smaller turnout than previous years she had a fabulous time. She was surrounded by her closest friends and family members. There were 27 of us present so it was a good crowd. It was a sad day for me. I was so sad for my daughter. Which little princess wouldn't want their dad there with them on special days such as this one?

Anyway, I marveled at the fact that despite our perfectly imperfect lives I am still able to give her material comforts and show her that life is not all about being on the grind and down in the dumps. We grieve but we should still rejoice at the happy moments in our lives.

Her dad called during the party right after she cut the cake. She told him that she missed him very much and she loved him. I could hear the sadness in her voice. It was an emotional time for me. I did everything I could to hold it together. Tonight I am tempted to go cry it out in the dark before I go to sleep. But I feel an even more overwhelming desire to hug my girls tight and lull them to sleep.

blkmsm@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment