Sunday, April 24, 2011

Clubbing Over 25

So last night I decided to round up a group of girlfriends and hit the clubs. I put on the shortest dress I could find, slipped on my favorite pair of heels, donned a new wig, and rocked my meticulously applied makeup. Ain't nobody dope as me cuz I was just so fresh and clean.

The spot we went to was supposed to be this ultra chic, upscale nightclub. Well they had free valet, nice! But when I stepped in I was sorely disappointed. Not that the club was mostly vanilla, but the patrons were mostly kids, itty bitty mens, not one potential future ex husband in sight.

The music was not doing it for me. Now I love a good mix of house, top 40's, hip hop, r&b, and reggae. I love it all. But the mix was not consistent for me to hold a vibe so of course I went straight for the bar. Because it was my birthday outing I kept getting free drinks all night. I had a Long Island Iced Tea, 2 shots of Ciroc, and a glass of Chardonnay from this Polish-Russian guy who invited me to his VIP section. I only stayed there long enough to finish the glass of wine and give him an obligatory dance. He was nice though and gave me a kiss on the cheek and I reciprocated then bounced.

Afterwards, I was jonesing for an after hour spot, but those only take place in the hood, and when you get to be over 25 you don't like partying with the hood rats like you did back in the day. I have been in joints where there have been shoot outs or stabbings. Nuh-uh. Not I.  So while I was jonesing for a decent after hour spot, some of my girls were jonesing for food, and others for some sleep. They all won. They grabbed some food from a Jamaican joint that was open and we went home.

I slept in until 10:30am then woke up with the nastiest headache I have ever had in my life. I was partially blind. I forced myself to get up because I was sooo nauseous. I threw up a few times throughout the day. I took some ibuprofen (800mg) but the headache was not going anywhere so I stayed in bed. It was at this point that told myself :


"I am getting too old for this shit."

Back in the day I could drink any man under the table. I have never felt as fucked up as I did this morning. I am truly getting older. I am past my prime. I can't believe that I can't handle my liquor anymore. Getting wasted and hung over is so not grown and sexy, the category I see I now belong in. Tres sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment