Saturday, March 12, 2011

Faith In My Life

I know in this world today there are many people who will argue that religion is for sheeple who cannot think on their own. This post may not cater to your stance on religion. This post is to explain to you, my readers, why faith has been a phenomenal part of my life.


I am no saint. I am not perfect. I am far from the stereotypical church-going, hat-wearing, bible study going Christian. I've committed adultery, fornicated, I swear. I drink. I have gorged. I have done unspeakable things. The greatest thing about my belief in God is that I can find redemption.

There are nights when I wish I would never wake up. Days I wish I were never born. I have gone through some terrible things, and I am still doing so. But it seems like every time I am on the brink of destruction there is always a breakthrough. I have seen it time and time again in my life. I can't say with a certainty that I know that God really exists, but I can say that I feel within my core that He does. I feel at peace when I can speak freely about my troubles and ask for guidance. I know within myself that I am being watched over, and I take comfort in the fact that someone is listening to my prayers and watching over my loved ones too.

I have no definite answers about anything, but the best way for me to describe my faith is like fuel for a vehicle. Having faith gets me where I need to go. When I run into problems I turn to my faith and then I feel renewed, like I have the strength to persevere. Enough courage to last me until the next breakthrough.

No comments:

Post a Comment